Coon Lake Hills Association Board
Meeting Minutes
March 17, 2021 at 6:00 p.m.

Opening: The regular meeting of the CLHA Board was called to order at 6:02 p.m. on
March 17 th at the Marion Township Upper meeting room.
Present: Mike McIsaac, Tom Vanderplas, Lynne Lewandowski, Marilyn McGowan,
Steve Puckett, Erin Zimlich
Excused: Mel Vannocker
Approval of Minutes: The minutes of the February meeting were approved.

Current Business
1. Treasurer Report: Marilyn reported on the current balance we have in our
account.
Annual Audit: Marilyn indicated that the annual audit will take place the
beginning of April. It is scheduled and on the calendar.
Annual Dues Letter: Marilyn reported that the annual dues continue to
come in, but have slowed. She requested that a reminder be sent out to everyone
noting the due date of April 15 th .

a) Lynne will email out a reminder notice to all members.
2. Rurik Park Concerns: No additional updates received at this time.
3. Lake Treatment Updates: Mike reported that LakePro should be getting our
schedule out soon for our Lake treatments. He hopes to have further information
at our April meeting.
4. Goose Egg Collection Update: Marilyn reported that the application for the
permit has been sent to the DNR and we should receive it back by the end of the
month. We have also contracted with the “Goose Busters” for our collection
process. Once we receive the permit, they will begin the collection. Timing of this
process is typically determined by weather & the DNR; anytime between mid-
April & mid-May.
5. Signage Update: Various members of the Board will be placing additional “No
Wake” signs out around the lake as reminders to slow down. We are still hoping
that our No Wake Buoy will be found so we can relocate it appropriately as well.
6. Boat Launch Updates: Prior to the spring boat launch, members of the Board
want to make sure the launch is ready to accommodate the coming Boat traffic.
Some additional fill stones will be added and weeds cut back (poison ivy) to give
everyone more room as boats are launched.
a. Steve & Mike to work on the launch

7. Updated Maps: Marilyn & Lynne will meet to update the final draft of the map
and get any changes back to Angela. The map will be completed by our Annual
Meeting.
8. Bylaw’s update: Lynne reported that the Bylaws Committee meeting has been
scheduled for March 18 th @ 7:00 p.m. Each section of the Bylaws will be
reviewed by this group. Mike & Lynne are representing the Board. All changes
will be approved by the Board prior to the Membership vote at the Annual
Meeting.
9. New Member Welcome Packet: Lynne presented the new Welcome Binder to
the Board for review. Everyone thought the Binder was well put together.
Marilyn indicated she had additional Benefit information to include. Extra copies
will be available at the Annual Meeting if anyone needs one.
a. Marilyn to send additional Benefit information to Lynne for inclusion in
the welcome binder.

10. Association Activities: All activities are on hold for now.

New Business
1. New Neighbors: No updates at this time.
2. Annual Meeting: Currently the Board is hoping to schedule the Annual Meeting
for June. The hopes are that many more will be vaccinated, and the Covid spread
will be slowed. Appropriate notice will be given to everyone once we are able to
schedule.

Adjournment: Meeting was adjourned at 6:50 p.m.

Next meeting’s scheduled:
 April 21, 2021 @ 6:00 p.m. Lower Level of Marion Township

Respectfully Submitted
Lynne Lewandowski
Secretary, CLHA